This course on health and wellbeing will show employees how to increase their resilience, drive better engagement, reduce sickness absence and enable higher performance and productivity.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
What is it?
There’s now a much broader understanding and application of holistic health and wellbeing approaches in many workplaces. However, it's also clear that there's an implementation gap, with many organisations not yet embracing the health and wellbeing agenda to full effect.
Investing in employee wellbeing can lead to increased resilience, better employee engagement, reduced sickness absence and higher performance and productivity.
- People sleeping less than 6 hours per night have a 13% higher mortality risk
- People sleeping 6 – 7 hours per night have a 7% higher mortality risk
- 30% of the UK workforce have been formally diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point in their lifetime
- In the last year, 39% of employees say they have experienced poor mental health due to work or where work was a contributing factor
- Due to COVID-19, 25% are more stressed about money than usual
- Due to COVID-19, 19% have lost sleep over money since the crisis began.
We can help your employees understand the impact and importance of lifestyle choices and their impact on wellbeing. ‘Wellbeing for Employees’ is a 3 hour session, which explores:
- What wellbeing is, how it relates to health & safety, and why managing wellbeing is so important
- How simple lifestyle choices can have an impact on both wellbeing and disease risk
- Their role in managing wellbeing as an individual
- The challenges presented with behaviour change and ways to mitigate these challenges.
Our expert facilitators can visit your workplace (or virtually) and deliver 2 sessions per day to a group of 20.
Who is it for?
Employees that would benefit from raising awareness and education on the value of taking personal responsibility for their wellbeing. Also, individuals responsible for health, safety or wellbeing within their organisation, which might also include Wellbeing Champions.
Why choose us?
- We are one of the first organisations to take a truly holistic, integrated approach to health, safety and wellbeing
- We are one of the world’s leading health, safety and wellbeing organisations
- Our health and wellbeing courses are designed by experts in health, safety and wellbeing
- Courses are student-centred and interactive.
What's in it for you?
At the end of the course, the attendees will have a greater understanding of the impact lifestyle choices can have on wellbeing and how to make practical changes to reduce their risk of lifestyle related diseases. Content outline:
What is wellbeing (and what it isn’t)?
- How does wellbeing relate to health and to safety
- The 7 domains of wellbeing
- Relationship between physical and mental health, and the impact on health & safety
- What are the priorities when managing health, safety and wellbeing
- The importance of sleep (linked back to safety)
- Mental health awareness
- Emotional intelligence
Other aspects of wellbeing
Resources and support
By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
- Identify what we mean by wellbeing and why it should be high on their agenda
- Identify the key trends in wellbeing
- Understand what impacts their individual wellbeing
- Increase their competence in the underlying mechanisms that impact their health and wellbeing
- Identify what factors impact their physical wellbeing, mental wellbeing and financial wellbeing
- Recognise the challenges in behaviour change.
Either virtual class or we can visit your workplace or a third party venue and deliver this course on dates of your choice.
- Cost-effective method that can be tailored to your organisation
- Creates a study community with your colleagues
- Allows you to tailor the training to your organisation.