This course aims to provide directors and senior managers with an understanding of how to support the health and wellbeing of people in their organisation.
Find out more about the Being Well together Programme here.
What is it?
Organisations with high levels of wellbeing have outperformed the stock market by 2 – 3% per year over a 25 year period. FTSE 100 companies who demonstrate best practice in employee wellbeing show a higher-than-average shareholder return – 61% instead of 51%.
However, only 50% of organisations have a standalone wellbeing strategy. 46% say they have an ad-hoc approach to wellbeing based on reacting to employer need.
We can help you understand the impact and importance of a joined up, holistic and strategic approach to wellbeing. The Workplace Health and Wellbeing training course for directors is a 6 hour course, which explores:
- What wellbeing is, how it relates to health and safety, and why managing wellbeing is so important
- How and why many organisations get it wrong
- Their role in managing wellbeing (a) as a senior leader, (b) as a manager and (c) the importance of managing their own wellbeing
- How British Safety Council can support their organisation in respect of health, safety and wellbeing
- Understanding the impact and importance of a joined up, holistic and strategic approach to wellbeing.
Our expert facilitators can visit your workplace (or virtually) and deliver 1 session per day to a group of 20.
Who is it for?
Director or senior manager with purchasing influence or decision making. Individuals responsible for health, safety or wellbeing spend within their organisation.
Why choose us?
- We are one of the first organisations to take a truly holistic, integrated approach to health, safety and wellbeing
- We are one of the world’s leading health, safety and wellbeing organisations
- Our health and wellbeing courses are designed by experts in health, safety and wellbeing
- Courses are student-centred and interactive.
How is it delivered?
We can visit your workplace and deliver this 6 hour session face-to-face or virtually on a date of your choice.
What's in it for you?
At the end of the course, the attendees will have a greater understanding of the impact and importance of:
- A joined up, holistic and strategic approach to wellbeing
- The key elements of such a strategic approach
- The critical importance of:
- The role of senior leaders (including the cultural aspects)
- The importance of leadership (including being role models)
- Learning from managing health and safety and applying this to wellbeing
- The importance of communication
- The criticality of measuring success and delivering quick wins.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify what we mean by wellbeing and why it should be high on your agenda
- Identify the key trends in wellbeing
- Recognise what impacts individual wellbeing and your particular risk areas
- Identify what you would like to achieve – aims and objectives
- Adopt a strategic approach to wellbeing within your organisation
- Recognise the importance of data and evaluation for successful outcomes
- Understand the importance of engaging your people and communicating your message
Either virtual class or we can visit your workplace or a third party venue and deliver this course on dates of your choice.
- Cost-effective method that can be tailored to your organisation
- Creates a study community with your colleagues
- Allows you to tailor the training to your organisation.